Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunflower Craft

24/3/08 (Monday)

I had a terrible gastric last Friday 21/3/08. Due to that we skipped 22/3/08 playgroup! I feel so bad that because of me not being well; my 2 lovely girls have to stay at home… so this is the repay for them…

Sunflower Craft

Ingredients:

All you need is:-
1. Pumpkin seed
2. Red bean
3. Black construction paper
4. A4 Paper
5. Scissors
6. Glue

Firstly, cut a flower/leaves shape on the black construction paper as shown in the above photo.
Then, glue the black construction paper on the A4 paper (white), and you will get this:-

Now, glue the red beans in the centre of the sunflower.

Then glue those pumpkin seeds around those red beans (centre of sunflower) so that it will become the petals eventually.

You can glue a second layer of pumpkin seeds around the first layer in order to make a bigger sunflower. (else one layer of pumpkin seeds already looks great)

Same goes to the leaves, just glue those pumpkin seeds on the leaves.

Once done, color the leaves green.

You have just completed a beautiful sunflower for your mama!!! Great job!!!

My little Wen Wen has no patient to complete this craft. This craft might look simple but it takes a lot of patience in sticking those little beans & seeds on… Anyway, I’m proud that my Xuan Xuan completed this craft without much assistance but only instruction. Well Done Xuan Xuan!! I believe this will bring u a long way!!!

Now, is time to look at how this mummy pampers her little Wen Wen… *really have to give this mummy a knock!!!*

10 comments:

Jess said...

Interesting craft, sure kids love it. Might try it one day, mayb i will look for green bean to fill as leave, so skip coloring...hahaha...

JK said...

You are really creative, Kelly. My children love this craft and after playgroup, they colored the petals and the leaves. I will post their work in my blog and link to this post of yours.

chanelwong said...

such a beautiful sunflower...

Hazel said...

wow, so smart ur girl..it's a good practice.

De'Little Ones said...

u r creative and really spend a lot of time & effort with them. good and keep it up.

btw, I can't help but to notice your sofa set. Both of us had almost the same sofa, blue color and even almost similar design. :D

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I am bad at art. your craft works are so nice!

Chinneeq said...

this is such a fantastic craft, Kelly!!!

TOt u have to go where, din know u were not feeling well...take care, and hope to see you soon again :p

Mom's The Cook said...

wah kelly, so long you didnt come to blog and sekali you came, so many comments...muhahahahahahaha. thanks ya :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Very interesting craft. Hmmm, I must let my girls try this one day.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site kelly-journey.blogspot.com
Is this possible?