Friday, September 19, 2008

One month after joining this company...

19/6/08 Thursday


Wah! Time fly… without realizing, I have been with this new company for more than a month… wondering how’s my life over here? One thing for sure, I’m still surviving…
I have gotten all my passwords to access to different systems. Guess how many passwords that I am having? All in all, I have about 6-7 usernames & passwords to remember. This is the first time I have to remember that many username & passwords to access to different application within the company. They said is for security purposes! Ridiculous!!

Besides have to remember the many passwords, & which passwords for which system, I think I am coping quite well. I have also understood more about the system that I’m going to work on. Not so complicated after all. I believe practice make perfect, so I’m not worrying too much on that.

The major concern now is – our call centre really short of headcounts… really short!!! Anybody interested being a Customer Service Consultant? Do drop me a note…
Eeerrr…. My life now is still in peace, except a little bit bored as I still have not found a gang which I can attach to… Lots of old timers here, they are still not too open to embrace the new staff. Currently I am only close to another manager who joins the company the same time as me. She’s my lunch buddy, she’s my gossip partner, and she shares my joy & frustration. She’s warm & friendly. Most of all she is as ‘pat’ (busybody/nosey) as me! Having her around make my life a bit colorful during office hours…

I still enjoy an easy life during office hours as I don’t have any direct manager that I should report to. Currently I am reporting directly to the Head of Call Centre & she’s always very busy. Most of the time she’s attending meeting, what meeting I don’t know. This leave me loads of space to explore the call centre environment. I plan my work & I do it then keep it. I will continue to do this until the time tells me that I need to change. Being a newbie, I believe & think that being a little passive is always a smart move. So…let’s wait & see!

Since I plan my own work, I do it at my own pace too! This enables me to go back sharp on the dot everyday without fail. One thing that appears to be quite weird here is that, when I logout sharp on the dot, colleagues around me look at me one kind… why leh?? Because I seem to be the odd one out as 99% of the staff in the company will only leave the office between 6.30pm-7.30pm. I am working at my own pace, so why stay? Don’t care lah… as much as I want to go back sharp on the dot, I won’t stay back unnecessarily, family comes first.

I normally reach home about 6.30pm-7pm depending on the traffic. I spend some time on the not so interesting TV show, sometimes I do feed my girls (if my luck is good, my mom will do the job for me), waiting for my husband to come back from his work, we will go back to our own house after my husband had his dinner. After both of us had our bath, we will spend time with our 2 darling girls. Our life have not affected too much after I change my job. I am very grateful about it. The only thing that I’m not too happy with is – with the current employment, I don’t get to access internet at all. That’s also the main reason why my blog is frozen. Anyway, I will try to update my life as much as possible to keep my diary alive.

1 comment:

De'Little Ones said...

no wonder lah. You don't have internet access. Apply one at home and be connected with lots of people in the net.