Friday, September 19, 2008

What a Happy Day

20/6/08 drizzling in the evening


Even though is a wet evening, traffic is still at an acceptable level. I reached home about 6.45pm. The moment Xuan Xuan saw me, she shouted: “mommy mommy, I have something to show you!” while she running towards a cupboard to grab the thing that she wanted to show me. This is not unusual as normally she will be that excited to show me all her art & craft that she did at school. Me as usual switching on the TV for a not so interesting show while waiting for her to show me her craft.

Hah! To my surprise, she is showing me this…

A trophy!!! Wah Seh... Xuan Xuan is getting her first trophy at her age of 4!! I’m extremely proud of her! I still remember early May this year, when she show me a notification letter from her kindergarten stating that there will be examination for 4-Y-O class in a week’s time. My reaction was like – OMG, what a world! Exam for 4-Y-O kids, unbelievable! What do they know at their tender age??? Anyway, being a mother I was a bit panic even though I don’t expect her to do well in the class + she’s only 4, to me, my main reason sending her to pre-school is wanting her to have more friends, wanting her to understand the concept of community. I was cooled down quite fast.

Back to her exam, after schooling for almost half a year, that was the first time I do revision with her a day before her so called ‘exam’. Luckily her exam schedule was quite relax, one day one subject – Malays, English, Maths & Chinese. I was quite shock when I come to know that she can recognize quite a number of Chinese words like ‘Head’, ‘hand’ & so forth. Never had I taught her a word of Chinese, not that I don’t know Chinese but then I don’t know how to start. Like English or Malay, I can always start her with alphabets, for Maths of course is 1,2,3… for Chinese I would believe is the stroke, the thing is which stroke, I myself don’t even have good foundation on Chinese. I really don’t want to contaminate Xuan Xuan’s spongy mind by educating her wrong /improper Chinese Stroke. Hard to find a good Mandarin Teaching Guide, maybe I am lazy!

She actually got full marks on all her test paper and I remembered once she told me that she got Number 1 in the class. I thought she was fascinating. Seems like she’s not! She really gets the first place in her class! I am proud! Extremely proud! Shiok! Shiok! What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

De'Little Ones said...

YOu must be a really happy & proud mommy. Keep it up Xuan Xuan