Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A wonderful evening...

Wondering why my evening so special??

1. For the first time ever, my 2 girls are serious in doing their so called ‘homework’.


This is the 4th month going to 5th month since my Xuan Xuan first joining pre-school. Every time when I asked her what she learnt from school, she always told me that she can’t remember or she will give me a blank look. Maybe she is too young to describe the happening in school or simply there isn’t any things learn or she already knows / advance on what the teacher taught her. For the best of a mother’s wish, I just hope that it is the last reason that she already knows the subject well and that’s why there isn’t any new thing learnt from school.

After reading some of your posts, I strongly feel that informal education from home is much more important in developing my children. Even though I’m late in starting my girls with formal A, B, C but I think is better than never, right?

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy, in my case is like All play and too little work make Xuan & Wen a lazy girl. I’m not exaggerating. It has been many many times I try to start Xuan Xuan with some simple writing, she always has excuses, “I’m tired”, “Tomorrow lah”, “ I want to do something else” etc etc ….
Now you know why yesterday is so special to me, because she managed to finish the whole page.

Have a look!

You may think is simple but to me, is already a great achievement! Sometimes I wonder and I worry that I might have set an expectation which is below average and this in turn might indirectly slow down Xuan’s learning curve (Because too lay back). I don’t know, perhaps you might want to share with me, what should a 4yo kid mastering at. Reading simple words instead of A-Z? Writing A-Z capital and small letters? Number from 1-10 & able to master the writing as well?

This is how my Xuan Xuan serious about doing her 'home work'.


2. I’m very, extremely, exceptionally, remarkably, amazingly (or any other words that you can think of) proud of my Wen Wen’s masterpiece.
Not to say this is the first time she’s holding color pencils but this is the first time ever she’s able to color so much of a picture. Normally she will only color a small patch and that’s consider done to her, as she always complaint that she’s tire. Maybe she is not ready to hold pencil? I don’t know. Wen Wen is almost 2 1/2 yo.
Have a look at how serious she is creating her masterpiece…

A closer look perhaps…


This is the final version
that makes me feel like I’m floating in the air flapping my wings and flying like an angel. (Please allow me to dream & drunk with my Wen Wen’s achievement.) Am I tooo easy to be happy?

When Xuan Xuan was 3 years old she produced
I was already like WAO!!! Wen Wen is only 2 1/2, of cause I feel like I can fly without wings lah!

3. I love to see intimate and attached relationship between daddy & the girls.
After hard work (even though is nothing hard to us), my 2 girls are now having some fun with their daddy…
Guess what there are doing??
Yup! Yup! Yup! They are playing computer games! How serious they were playing the games!
This definitely is not my idea as I don’t really like to expose my girls to electronic screen too frequent as I don’t wanna see my girls with spec. You won’t believe that almost everyday they will have at least an hour on TV with their favorite VCDs. Anyway, just open 1 eye close 1 eye lor... then I will be happier!!!

What a wonderful evening!!


14 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey..the girls are really good!!! Especially the younger one. She can colour so well. Ashley just simply hantam and colour all over the page :D

Anonymous said...

Yup, wen wen can color very well at this age....keep up good work!

wow u so geng can control they watch TV...mine will on the player or tv by themself when they are 2++....now the TV no longer belong to adult lor!

Anonymous said...

Learning doesn't have to be in the form of writing. They are many ways to learn besides just from reading the book and to write.

But from the photos, your girls are progressing quite well.

JK said...

They can color very well. No wonder you are so proud of them.

chanelwong said...

soo kuai..sit down do together n some more nicely done...

Bookwormz said...

Your kids are soooo cute! u r so lucky. oh yah, I've also linked u to my Montessori blog. Cheers!

Hazel said...

haha, quite nice lah their drawing..

Anonymous said...

wah, so rajin..
yes u r right, dun let them addicted too much wif pc... not good for their eyes..

Leena said...

wow, wen wen can really color very well. shern can only scribble. i'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

not only your gal, my boy who has been 1y+ in pre-school still gave me the same answer when I asked him "what did he learn at school?" *roll eyes*

I have added you to my blog links :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your 2nd gal can color very well for her age (3 yo). Bravo to her!

Mumsgather said...

Wow! Thats pretty neat for a 2 1/2 year old. Very nice coloring.

I guess each kid is different. I had no trouble teaching my girl because she loves and is always eager to learn. However my now 4 year old boy always has excuses. My hand tired, I don't know etc etc

Chinneeq said...

wah...wen wen can colour better than qiqi liao lor....qiqi just multicolor her pictures everywhere!

De'Little Ones said...

They are very "kuai" obedient to sit there together and do their colorings. Great work.