Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh... My Xuan Xuan

3/4/08 (Thursday) Sunny but not a hot day (morning+afternoon)

This week seems soooo fast… wondering why??? Because my bosses not around… the whole week I’m able to logon to internet, to update my blog, to read your interesting post, to read some news, to chat…etc… so much fun! So much freedom!

Normally I will call Xuan Xuan from office to check out how’s her day in school. There isn’t any exception this afternoon. Below is our telephone conversation:-

Mummy: Xuan Xuan, how’s your school today?
Xuan: Great! I finished my water today.
Mummy: Good! So, today got homework or not?
Xuan: Got, got two.
Mummy: What is it?
Xuan: One is to write capital ‘D’ and the other is small ‘j’.
Mummy: Ok, please do your homework now.
Xuan: No lah, I wait till you come back only I do.
Mummy: Har?? Why??
Xuan: Because I want mummy sit besides me then only I do.
Mummy: ….. (Slap head)

Normally there isn’t any homework from this pre-school. So I also don’t really bother about her homework…coz the main reason I send Xuan to preschool is to let her mix around so that she is more sociable. Until this morning, I read on a mother’s blog… I got freak-out! So much homework from pre-school… Not that I’m kiasu but if I don’t train Xuan from now, she might not be able to finish off her homework when she goes to primary school!! If I ever work late, how on earth I can have enough time to finish off the homework with her??

I explained the above to Xuan… Will see whether she has finished off her homework or still waiting for me to guide her to do her homework this late evening…. Will see! Will see!

2 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

It's best that you sit next to her when she does her homework coz with you around, you can correct her if she writes her letters in the wrong order. She will also feel motivated with mummy next to her, just like my girl.

De'Little Ones said...

kylie don't have a lot of homework to do also. I even let her skipped her homework once before too. she's too tired n sleepy by the time I reached home. so no homework but i do not hope to repeat that again.