Friday, November 30, 2007

Sleepless Nite (Part 2)

Monday, 26/11/07 Sunny Day

Xuan Xuan didn’t have deep sleep last night, she cried even more frequent throughout the night with her eyes shut. Not able to calm her down by milk as I think she must be in real pain, she can hardly drink now. Basically, I can only see her cry in pain with my broken heart, helplessly… let her cry until tired then she went back to sleep. There was one time, around 3am, I gave her milk and I knew she’s hungry *as no solid food at all the whole day* and wanted to drink, but she can’t cause of the pain, she only able to hold the bottle and cry and cry and cry until she fall a sleep. I can’t stop my tears…

Oh… is 6.30am… I have to drag myself to go to work even though I don’t feel like want to. How can I put my heart in work when my Xuan Xuan is seriously ill? What choice do I have? Luckily my husband willing to take Emergency leave to look after my Xuan Xuan. That make me feel better when Xuan Xuan is with her own daddy. Early morning itself, daddy brought Xuan Xuan to revisit the paed. He confirmed that Xuan Xuan is down with Hand, Foot, Mouth disease!!! Oh Gosh!! What to do now? I’m so panic! I almost called my husband every 1-1.5 hour to check on Xuan Xuan’s condition, she drink enough water? She had any solid food? Any fever? Did she cry a lot?? Is she still energetic?? According to the paed, children who are suffering from Coxsackie will take 7-10days to recover. Most importantly must drink lots of water… *In my heart – I was thinking, how on earth you expect kids to drink water with their sore mouth? Even an adult like me can’t take it!!!*

This Monday seems so long to me! Finally reaching 5.30pm, I rushed home at once. When Xuan Xuan saw me, she was sobbing pointing at her mouth. Immediately, I hugged her tiny body! My tears again started rolling… I asked her if she wants anything… She was shaking her head & complaining about the soreness…Wow! Again my heart was like being stab continuously by a sharp knife.

It was not an easy night dealing with sickly kid… Again, patient patient patient is the only way!

No comments: