Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Need your parenting advice

I know I will have to write this down to seek for advice….

I can’t manage my little gal – Wen Wen (2 years old).
She is bold and aggressive and a lots of the time she is in control of a situation.
Whenever she can’t get thing done her way, she will throw tantrum. She will scream & cry & stamp her feet & becomes very aggressive.

For e.g. Yesterday night, we had a ‘water color’ session.



I drew a worm for Wen Wen to color. The darker color of her choice covers the worm’s eyes. Daddy try to draw back the eyes, this little thing agitated her. She started to scream at Daddy. She is mumbling while trying to cover back the eyes with her paint brush.



From there on she seems like very unhappy with her Daddy. When Daddy holds her toy, she rudely wanted to take it back. Daddy refused to give as he feels that we really need to teach Wen Wen the right way to get thing done.

Mummy: Wen Wen, ask nicely from daddy.
Wen Wen attempted to grab it even more aggressively.
Mummy: Wen say “Daddy, can I have my toy please”
Wen Wen started to cry and hit her daddy.
Mummy: Wen sayang daddy and say “Please”
Wen Wen: I don’t want daddy! (She is stamping her feet now)

When I told her to say “please”, she cried and kept saying “I don’t want daddy”.
This continues until daddy played the toy in different manner. Probably this distracted her, and she stopped crying. The moment daddy left the toy on the chair, she quickly ran to the chair & grabbed the toy & started to imitate how daddy played the toy. End of the day, there isn’t any “please” from Wen Wen and she still gets the toy.

I really don’t know how to teach her. Wen Wen is very selective, she only listen to whatever that she wants to listen. Unlike Xuan Xuan, she is very understanding, I don’t have to scream at her, hardly I punish her, she only needs explanation & she can follows instruction.

I’m having headache with my Wen Wen, any mommy have any suggestion to deal with stubborn kid??? Or perhaps I should say an extremely independent kid who has her own mind???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really don't know what to say, but after reading this, I have a feeling of having want to have my own kid......, really!!

Even my kid is as stubborn as Wen Wen I also don't mind, as long as it is my own kid, I will do what ever for her/him

Just like u Kelly

Kelly said...

You sure will have your own one soon!

May god bless you & soon grant you a healthy & happy baby!!

Waiting for your good news!!! *Don't stress up* wink