Monday, November 12, 2007

Xuan Xuan's piercing experience - 29/10/07

My sisters have been helping me to “decorate” Xuan Xuan’s ears for a while with those fancy stickers. Sometimes, my little Xuan Xuan will request her ears to be pierced so that she can wear earring like her “siaw yi” (little aunty-my youngest sister). I never thought that I will bring her for a pierce as I couldn’t bring myself to see her screaming in pain. It will be extra work for me to take care of her ears after the pierce in order not to suffer from oozing/pus.

A day before “Kuan Yin Tan”, Xuan Xuan requested again for the pierce. Everybody in my parents’ house encourage her to get the pierce tomorrow (which is 29/10/07-Kuan Yin Tan) except her mummy & daddy. Xuan Xuan keeps asking about the pain and everyone told her that piercing is like ant bite pain. She even pinches me with different degree to check out the pain…

I & hubby thought tomorrow she will forget about the pierce since we only get to see her after working hours as it is a Monday (29/10/07). To our surprise, as soon as we reached home that evening, Xuan Xuan: “Mummy, go eat now else the shop will closed and I will not get the earrings.” I & husband look at each others, speechless…

After the quick dinner, finally we were at the goldsmith shop near my house. After Xuan Xuan chose her earrings, there was another girl about 6-7 years old wanted to get the pierce as well. The lady in the shop told the girl’s mother: “I would suggest you bring your daughter away, else your daughter won’t want any pierce if she sees this little girl cry”. My heart bumping harder after hearing that…holding my breath…

Hah! Xuan Xuan didn’t cry after her first piercing! She looks extremely calm and didn’t reject the second pierce on the other ear!!! Phew…the best thing is all shop attendants clap hands for her bravery when is done… Ahem… her mummy so proud man…

Since then… is more than 2 weeks now… she didn’t complaint about the pain unless we asked her… then she will say “little bit pain”. So far so good! Any mummy out there wanna get your gal/boy a pierce, Xuan Xuan will be happy to share her experience!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Xuan Xuan was so brave....and Looks "Tai Go Lui" with earring....Times fly, our little kids have growing up.....

Kelly said...

Yes, times fly! How's your little one?