Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What to give to Alvin (my husband) on his birthday?

Every year’s October/November, I will stress out sourcing for my husband’s birthday present. Tie, Shirt, Pants, Wallet, Watches, Handphone etc… nothing new, nothing special. This year, there’s a slight different. It all started with an email from Photobook about Merdeka promotion’s deal. The moment I read the mail, immediately it link me to my husband’s birthday present. *Wait a minute, let me check when did I receive the mail* That was 18/10/07.
I am interested on the 30x30 Hard cover Photobook promo. RM240 for the book + free one soft cover book of any size (ranging from A3, 30x30, 21x21 & A4 size of your choice).

Not long after that, I downloaded the software, started to scan the old photos, started to design my very first photobook for my husband. The theme for the book: “Our Journey…Our Stories”. It took me a full 3 weeks to complete the book. Then I uploaded the book on 6/11/07. Quite disappointing when I make the order, the promo is over. Ended up, RM240 for a 30x30 hard cover photobook, no more free softcover book! *heart pain pain*

Yesterday, to my surprise, Anna from Photobook called me and told me that my photobook is ready for collection. So kind of her in assisting me to rush the Photobook once she knew that it is for my husband’s birthday gift on this Friday (16/11/07). Initially, I was quite worry that my photobook might not reach on time as it has been clearly stated on the website “Processing time 8-10 working days upon receipt of payment”. Now timing no longer an issue. What came across my mind were… the design & the scanned photo, don’t know whether they will turn up as expected or what if the photos that I scanned not clear??? $$$ gone… I can’t wait to collect my book!!!

After the long evening in the office, finally I’m at the Photobook shop. With shaking hand I open “Our Journey…Our Stories…


It first talk about Alvin + Kelly’s childhood

We met during our lower six in S.M. Datok Lokman

Our Graduation

Our romantic Trips

Our Wedding

Our Wonderful Accident – Xuan Xuan

Our Greatest Achievement 2005 - Wen Wen

Our Stories Continues…


I am happy with the quality of the photos… even though is scanned. I feel the value of $$$ even without the free soft cover photobook. No more "heart pain"!!!

6 comments:

Chinneeq said...

this is so beautiful, Kelly!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh... Thank you! I'm so proud of it coz my husband like it very much... He curi curi open the book again & again... coz he malu & normally he won't show it even though he likes it... unfortunately I catch him...hahahah....This make me satisfy! He told me he wanna bring the book show his collegue some more...
He rarely share his experience or story with frens & collegues coz he is those quiet type... not sure whether u notice or not during playgroup.

TheBlueRanger said...

that's very sweet! looking back at the school photos...aww! was that me sitting on the first row?

Anonymous said...

You are amazing my dear fren!

A wife, a mum , an employee, and still have time to create this lovely webpage, its fantastic. You are sure a tough one!
I am very touch by your stories about your life and family. I still have a long way to go man! haha..

By the way,.. your family photo album definitely the best gift ever! I am sure your hubby is very touched by it!!!! Guaranteed!

I sure wanna read more of your stories when u hv more to offer. haha.. Till then, take care and send my regards to everyone at home!

Kelly said...

Ethan's mummy,

Yes, you were on the first roll in the upper six photo lah... come to my house la when u r free, then i can show you my photobook ma...

Then u can do one for your husb or Ethan...

Sure will be very nice if u were to create a photobook abt Ethan's story since u already have so many photos of his...

Kelly said...

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for your compliment eh! Shioknya when ppl compliment... like flying already!

U r rite! He loves the photobook very much! That give me satisfaction!

Glad that you like hearing my stories, will post from time to time... I'm still waiting for the photos to be uploaded... then will post my husb's story when he received the photobook!

Stay tuned... *like TV like that*