Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Biting Xuan Xuan

28/12/07 (Friday) Evening (Hot)

Guess what! My Wen Wen gave me problem again! She had a great bite on my Xuan Xuan’s arm! Have a look…

When I reached home this evening, Xuan Xuan running towards me with a wet face, complaining that Wen Wen bite her arm. Of course I hugged her & wipe off her tears & kissed her. At the same time, I was blanked. I don’t know how to deal with Wen Wen. I can’t smack, I can’t shout at her, I can’t raise my voice towards her as all those are not proper parenting. How? How? How?

I only use my eye contact to tell Wen Wen that I’m mad at her. Guess this little girl is quite sharp & she sensed that something was not quite right, she came towards me & hugged me. I gently pushed her away & told her that I’m sad & I don’t want to talk to her. As expected, “Waa… Waa…” Wen Wen started to cry. Then I asked her whether she knew why I upset with her. She gave me a blank look. I assume she doesn’t understand. Then I started with my grandmother story…I told her that is not right to bite people. I told her that Xuan Xuan is painful & sad. I even asked her, what is the teeth use for? She told me teeth are for eating. Hah! She got it right! After a while of the grandmother story, I hugged her and asked her whether she will bite anybody or not. She told me that teeth are for eating not biting people. I’m now happy with her answer, however, I don’t know when she will bite again…Hopefully this is the last time she bite her sister, else I really don’t know how to deal with it if it happens again.

2 comments:

Leena said...

haha. i'm tellin you, it will happen again. shern also loves to bite people, especially his cousin brother and his kakak. so what i did when he bit me? erm, i bite him too, and asked him if it hurts. he said yes. i told him people will get hurt too when he bites them, he seems to get what i mean, but then, he still bites.
but as his speech progress, his biting got lesser and lesser. i guess this is a phase where toddlers express their anger, because words cannot seems to express how they feel.
btw, how old is wen wen? about the same age as shern i guess.

De'Little Ones said...

u r really a good mother. never scream and never beat them. I have done all those already.