Thursday, January 10, 2008

Xuan Xuan's 3rd Day in Pre-School

7/1/08 (Monday)

I don’t feel good after missing the first 2 days in Xuan Xuan’s schooling experience. Finally I have decided to take leave and send Xuan Xuan to school today. As usual, Xuan Xuan was a little worry at the beginning but after some assurance & sweet talk, she seems ok. I told her that I am going to visit dentist and will come back to fetch her after the bell ring. I passed her over to one of the teacher & she seems ok to let me go. I happily leave the pre-school. I thought I did a good job as is so easy to manage Xuan Xuan. In fact, I made the biggest mistake as the bell will have to ring 6 times before Xuan Xuan can go back home. Each time the bell ring, Xuan Xuan is expecting to see me but I was not there. I can imagine the disappointment.

After an hour, I returned to the pre-school to check out Xuan Xuan’s condition. It was meal time and everyone was enjoying their breakfast except Xuan Xuan. The principal was carrying her on her lap. Xuan Xuan was crying & complaining that why I still not back yet. Why I spend so much time at the dentist there. (This was what the principal told me after the school).

The bell ring again, is time for English lesson. The principal left. Xuan Xuan cried even louder to ask for mommy. This English teacher ignored her at first. Xuan Xuan continue to cry & keep calling ‘teacher…teacher…’. Since the teacher knew that I was around so she has to stop and entertain my Xuan Xuan.

Xuan Xuan: “Teacher…Teacher…Teacher…”
Teacher: “Yes.”
Xuan Xuan: “I want my mommy….” *sob sob*
Teacher: “Your mommy is buying some fishes in the market & will return shortly.”
Xuan Xuan: “Why mommy buy fish one?”
Teacher: “Because mommy wants to cook fish for you today.”
Xuan Xuan: “My mommy don’t know how to cook fish.”
Teacher: “Then who cook fish for you?”
Xuan Xuan: “My popo (grandmother) lor, she cooks chicken also.”
Teacher: “ok.”
Xuan Xuan: “My mommy only cook ‘mien mien’.”
Teacher: “What is ‘mien mien’?”
Xuan Xuan: “ Maggi mien lor.”
Teacher laughing: “Ok. Ok. Now let’s sing.”

I listened to this conversation so clearly as I was at the other side of the wall. I can't stop my laughter… Now the teacher knew that I can’t cook – *malu betul!*

Even though Xuan Xuan was crying for me but I was so proud that she dare to speak to the teacher. This English teacher speaks very loud. I’m sure Xuan Xuan scared of her with her loud voice & true enough she complaint about it to me when I went to pick her up. The whole 45 minutes she was whining as she is expecting to see me as the bell has rang so many timessss!!!

The bell ring again, is time for mandarin! Another teacher came. Xuan Xuan was again crying for me. Teacher ignored her again. Another 15 minutes passed, I can’t bring myself to hear her wail anymore. I showed my face. She kept crying. No choice, I believe she had cried to much this morning. I carried her & we left the class 30 minutes earlier.

I said sorry to her as I told her the wrong info. I try to feed her with the correct info by telling her that the bell will have to ring 6 times before she can leave the school. I believe she was frighten & wasn’t had a pleasant experience on her formal first day in school.

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

hahaha...really paiseh ler!!!

De'Little Ones said...

ha ha ha... now not only her teacher knew but all your blogging friends.

Xuan Xuan is good at chatting with her teacher and friends.