Friday, January 4, 2008

Xuan Xuan's first day in pre-school

3/1/07 (Thursday) Wet morning (drizzling)

Finally here comes the day… We all woke up as early as 6.45am. Started with our morning routine, brush teeth, wash face, comb hair, changing & getting ready to school/work…

Look at my little sweetie with her uniform…

She is still excited to go to school. The last session of brain washing was still on – I told her that school is fun & you will soon have bunch of friends to play with, you will have teachers to ‘sayang’ you, you will have homework to do, you will need to do lots of coloring, so much fun!!!
I showed her what’s in the bag again after instilling good impression about school’s fun in her little brain.

I don’t get to go to school with her as I have to work. My normally generous & understanding bosses are extremely stingy when it comes to Annual Leave. 14 Days Leave minus few compulsory leaves during Chinese New Year & Year End Company Shut Down leave me only pathetic AL for emergency purposes. No choice, really absolutely no choice that I can’t go to school with my sweetie today! I can only looking at her back when daddy brought her to school. My tears rolling in my eyes…*sob sob*

I was worry on my whole journey to office. How long will she cried, can daddy manage or not when she cling to him, can she mixes around, will she afraid of the teacher….lots & tonnes of worries filling my brain.

Hah! U r absolutely right, the moment I reached office, I called my husband. BAD NEWS. Daddy told me that she clinging to him very badly & holding his hand so tight.  More worries!

2nd ring, daddy told me that Xuan Xuan is crying and he had to just leave her in the classroom after consoling/reassuring/calming her failed. *That time school bell rang & all parents are encouraged to leave* ARHHHHH… my blood rushing everywhere, I scolded him, shouted at him that he shouldn’t just left her like that! Just like that! It will develop school phobia! I was jumping, jumping high!! Oh gosh! Tomorrow will be worse! How? How? How?

3rd ring, I asked daddy how’s Xuan Xuan, daddy told me that she’s fine now and teacher reseated her from the back to the front *which is good thing and hopefully sitting in front could gain more attention from teacher. I over heard children’s whining/screaming/crying/bawling. Daddy assured me that was not Xuan Xuan. According to daddy, she was the first one who started the ‘cry’. When she stopped, other children continue… sad…

4th ring, daddy told me the class is almost over & Xuan Xuan is now smiling at him! Phew…What a relief! I’m so much lighter now! That was her first day to school!

I called Xuan Xuan in the afternoon. She was so excited telling me her first day in school. She told me that she had porridge. She told me that she colored ‘Strawberry’. The best thing is – she told me that she cried & when teacher asked her not to cry, she stopped but other children still crying! Wow! Verified! Daddy didn’t lie to me! When I asked her whether she wants to go school, she proudly told me that she wants to go again & she enjoy schooling!


Keeping my fingers crossed!

10 comments:

JK said...

Good girl, Xuan Xuan. I think your hubby is doing the right thing. The longer he stays with your girl, the more your girl feels reluctant to be alone. He has told her properly before he left the class. SO, don't blame him.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wah, got up at 6:45am? Salute you all!

Chinneeq said...

good thing to just leave and go. I did the biggest mistake in my life, and i had to accompany qiqi in her music class for 3 months liao....betul useless!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ooo...well done to xuan xuan :D i'm sure i'll be worried and panicky like you too if I don't get to see my lil one on her first day at the kindy :D

Jess said...

next time i will just leave n go when send lyon to school!

Leena said...

way to go, xuan xuan. glad that she enjoyed school, she sure can't wait for monday to come.

Hazel said...

a new year traditional tag for u have fun

De'Little Ones said...

your xuan xuan is great. keep up the encouragement and she will love to go to school

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Xuan Xuan will love school gradually. Give her some time :)

TheBlueRanger said...

She's so good. Wonder what will happen to Ethan in the future.