Thursday, January 10, 2008

Xuan Xuan's 4th Day in Pre-School

8/1/08 (Tuesday)

Bad news!! Xuan Xuan refused to wake up & she kept telling me that she doesn’t want to go to school!!! I have no choice but to drag her up from bed. She refused to wear the uniform. Again, I have to be stern in order to put on the uniform for her. Luckily Xuan Xuan is a very gentle girl, she didn’t really fight back except to weep with tears. *I’m very grateful & pleased that Xuan Xuan is so gentle & soft, however, her gentleness & softness makes her a timid & dependent girl. Her good points give us the biggest headache now. Her good points are the biggest drawback now*

After yesterday’s long weep, I have learnt to give her a handkerchief to wipe off her tears. I told her that she must drink a lot of water else there will not be any tears when she cries. How silly me to instill this negative value on her, as I really run out of idea to encourage her to drink more water. *when I checked her tumble in the evening, she almost drank 400ml of water within 3 hours, that’s good news to me* I still manage to send her to school in the morning & rush to work, very easily I hand over her to her teacher. I knew deep inside her, she is scared & still uncomfortable being left alone in school. She cried a little after I left.

I was working today so my sister took over my job to check on Xuan Xuan’s condition at around 9.30am. According to my sister, Xuan Xuan still refused to have breakfast in the school. She still weeps with tears. When my sister returned to the pre-school at about 10.45am, she saw Xuan Xuan talking to her classmate with her red eyes & red nose. When teacher asked them to put the book back into their bag, they kept talking until the teacher has to keep the books for them.

I called Xuan Xuan from office, she told me that she now got 3 friends! Wow! Amazing!

When I returned from work, I asked her why she cried. She can’t really tell me the reason. I asked her whether she wants to cry tomorrow, she told me she still want to cry. When I asked her to choose the handkerchief (big or small), she chose the big one & told me that she will cry a lot tomorrow… I prayed hard that she won’t shed as much tears as before…

3 comments:

Hazel said...

u r really a good mom,xuan xuan sure will be ok for more days..

TheBlueRanger said...

I think she's doing just fine. Ethan still cry sometimes when I send him to the daycare.

JK said...

She will be ok. Don't worry too much.